Monday, October 6, 2008

The Big Race

So I have some good news, and some bad news. I will be positive and give you the good first. I did it! I finished by second full marathon this year. I ran the Saint George Marathon on the morning of Saturday October 4th. I ran the 26.2 miles in 3 hours 41 minutes and 1 second. Finishing is always good news, but now for the bad, I missed qualifying for Boston by two seconds. Yes, I know what you are thinking, anyone can push for two seconds. Well maybe I could have, but I thought I had it and therefore I did not feel the need to destroy by body any further. Needless to say I now would give my right foot for two seconds. I must add that it did rain the entire time that we ran. It has only rained during one other Saint George Marathon ever, but sometimes that is just how it goes. I developed some severe blisters on my right foot at about mile ten, due to the fact that my shoes and socks were full of water. I am not making excuses for myself, after all it was only two seconds, however I am looking for sympathy if you would like to send your condolences. I am done now with my sad story, but if you would like to check out my detailed results you can click on the link below.
It is not raining today, and probably won't again for a month so we are off to the park. Have a good day.

http://runpix.name/stg08/42/finord.php?LastNameEM=4909



8 comments:

Jill said...

Wow- that sucks!! I'm sorry you missed it, but I still admire you for running at all. I wish I had your stamina!

Jack & Ashley Waters said...

I could cry for you! Don't worry you got it next year. My goal is to run it with you next year. Don't laugh...I might be able to do it?:) We can be the Tortoise and the Hare. Whoohooo go team TH!!!

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

I was proud of you. It was really fun watching you finish. Good Job Sadie

The Tobey's said...

Don't you love the St George Marathon?It rocks huh, there isn't anything sweeter then finishing. I know how you feel bout missing Boston by a few seconds it eats at ya huh! We should run it together next year that would be fun!

Cookie Crum said...

Wow! I would love to be that dedicated and that in shape. Sorry about the 2 seconds thing, but what an accomplishment!

Kim C.

The Tobey's said...

Sadie, let me know bout the half marathon, I'd love to run it...but I'm pretty out of shape right now...let me know the dates and I'll see what I can do to whip back into shape. Talk to you later. Julie

Kristin said...

i saw your mom at grandmas last weekend and she told me about this...i wanted to just cry for you! what a huge accomplishment though...and you will get it next time...

The Tobey's said...

I love your big family picture. I wish I would have went to the trunk or treat in Beaver so I could see you and your kids. Your kids are so cute! It's way fun being a mom huh!